Friday, August 28, 2009

Catacombs Part II


So during my last post - I was saying how amazing and scary the catacombs were but I forgot to mention how dangerous and deadly they were.

Last Monday we were adding detail throughout the haunt - you know the usual cob webb here; bloody head there; creepy moss everywhere...

So we swept the room - yes even haunted houses need cleaned every now and then and the catacombs was a masterpeice. I looked around in awe thinking this was truly an amazing design - one that will blow the minds of our customers. So after my moment or all awe - I pulled the emergency exit door shut thus blocking out my daylight and headed towards the actor back passage in the dark. I have gone this route 100s of time but for some reason - something was different and I walked eyebrow first into the edge of a catacomb. I knew immediatley based on the pain - that this was going to bruise.

I headed out and got an ice-cream cup (only thing we have in the freezer) and placed it on my eye. Then when it started to melt I ate it on the way home. That night about 3 hours after the catacomb incident my eyebrow had a bump the size of a ping pong ball. I thought my eye would be swollen shut by the morning at this rate. So I went to bed with an ice pack on my eye. To my surprise morning came and the bump had decreased and it was not that noticable. I went to my job and as the day progressed so did the black/purple shade on my eyelid. By day two I had people wondering why I only put purple eyeshadow on one eye until they realize it was a black eye.

I am still amazed how when I walked into the catacombs edge only my eye got hit. It sounds like one of those stories that you here a victim of abuse make up - I fell down the stairs and got this black eye but it is the truth. Unless..

Of course, it could have been the ghost of Julian Haunt that hit me in the eye and I just thought I walked into a catacomb.

Dallas Fort Worth Haunted House

2 comments:

  1. You should post a picture of your scary-gross-puss infested-battered wife looking-totally infected-retinal hemorrhaging-eye. Vins would love to see it and make a diagnosis.

    Besides your followers(50%) want to see gory!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Note to self - bad blogger 50% of the followers want an image and I failed to take it. But on the glass is half full size 50% of followers were able to see it live!

    ReplyDelete