Monday, August 31, 2009

Fresh Meat

"Is it scary?" the group of teens ask!

The only response they get from the man in solid black biker attire is a deep throat laugh.

Then a few seconds later he grabs his mag lite and bangs on the metal door making a sound that ha made grown men jump. He opens the door and simply says "Fresh Meat".

The chills run down your spine - for the first 4 years of our haunted house this was the man that greeted our guest. I simply call him the man as oppose to actor because there was no part of his look or his voice which was acting. This was who Tom was... the type of man you did not want to make mad and then meet in a back ally.

So as the 2009 haunted house season is about to begin, the words Fresh Meat play in my head. Tomorrow night I will host actor training for community members that want to act inside our haunted house.

Dr. Haunt's has been around for 7 years and during that time we have won more awards then any other haunted house in Texas or Oklahoma but each year as we grew from 12 actors a night to 50 actors a night we saw the need for quality control - thus actor training was born.

So in less than 24-hours I will have fresh meat before me to learn the scare tactics that we use inside the haunted house and to ensure we always stay true to our first review "the Most Hardcore Haunted House in North Texas". This is a badge of honor that we wear - I mean no other haunted house in Texas allows their actors the freedom that we do and thus creativity is born in the moment.

Dallas Scariest Haunted House

2 comments:

  1. Can send in my audition via web cam? I have been working on with my acting coach all year for this opportunity!!!

    It may take a few more weeks of training but I assure you I have some top quality skills that may need to be tamed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you don't mind but I made a button that links up to your website on my blog. Do you have buttons already made...'cause I just used your banner. You let people put them on their myspace pages and they will link back to the website. Just a thought.....

    So if you are wandering where all the increase in traffic is coming from that would be me sending the masses to you.

    ReplyDelete